The Foundation Fellowship, the university’s premier undergraduate academic scholarship, looks first and foremost for students who meet a very high academic threshold.
The program seeks students who are leaders in their schools and communities; who possess special artistic, athletic, and other talents; who demonstrate intense intellectual curiosity about the world around them; and who possess a commitment to sharing their knowledge and gifts.
- The Foundation Fellowship application is open to all students who have not yet matriculated at another university. Dual-enrolled high school seniors and international students are eligible to apply. Transfer applicants and current undergraduate students are not eligible to apply.
- Students must first submit a First-Year Admission application to the University of Georgia in order to gain access to the Foundation Fellowship application.
- Apply for the Morehead Honors College and Foundation Fellowship here.
Deadline: November 1
The Foundation Fellowship application must be submitted by November 1. Because the Foundation Fellowship application is linked to the Morehead Honors College application, you must begin the Morehead Honors College application before receiving access to the Foundation Fellowship application. When you submit your application for the Foundation Fellowship, you will also be applying to the Morehead Honors College.
Applicants are notified as to whether or not they are finalists for the Fellowship by late January. Finalists are invited to interview over the last full weekend in February during a mandatory Interview Weekend, scheduled for Friday, February 23 and Saturday, February 24, 2024. Due to the format of our finalist interview process, we are unable to offer alternate interview dates.
- Apply for First-Year Admission to UGA. **Students must have submitted a First-Year Admission application before being able to start a Foundation Fellowship application.
- After you receive the “Next Steps” email from UGA and establish your permanent password to your application status page, click the “Apply Now” button below to begin the UGA application. Once you have started the UGA application, you will be able to resume working on your Morehead Honors College/Foundation Fellowship application from your application status page.
- The deadline to submit the Foundation Fellowship application is November 1.
Recommendations submitted in support of the First-Year Admissions application will be used for the Foundation Fellowship application. Students are able to track the receipt of supporting materials through the online application status check.
All questions before and during the application process for the Foundation Fellowship application should come directly from applying students. It gives us a chance to get to know the students, and it also convinces us that the work we’re receiving is the student’s own.
Students, if you have questions as you are applying, use the following contact information:
- For questions about the application and/or any technical issues, email the FF Application Management Team at email@example.com
- For questions about the Foundation Fellowship, email Ms. Jessica Hunt, assistant dean and director of scholarships within the Morehead Honors College, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-Term Foundation Fellowship
The Mid-Term Foundation Fellowship is available to Honors students in their second year at UGA with two years of undergraduate study remaining. Learn more here.
The Foundation Fellowship, Management Team, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Terrell Hall, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602-1633, email@example.com