The Morehead Honors College at the University of Georgia is campus-wide, serving students in all undergraduate majors and providing the benefits of a small liberal arts college nestled within a Research 1 university. Through early registration, small class sizes, a dedicated residence hall, internship programs, travel-study funding, research opportunities, service organizations, academic advising, professional development, faculty connections, external scholarship support, and alumni networks, Honors opens doors to the best the university has to offer.
Acceptance into Honors
To apply to Honors, students must first submit a UGA application. To be accepted into the Morehead Honors College, a student must first be admitted to the University of Georgia.
High school seniors applying for first-year acceptance to the Morehead Honors College for the Fall 2024 term have two possible points of entry into Honors:
- Students who receive an offer of automatic acceptance from the Morehead Honors College will be notified of this along with their UGA Early Action decision.
- Students who do not receive an offer of automatic acceptance may apply through a separate Honors application. The application opens on September 15 and is due on January 15.
- September 15 – Honors application opens
- October 15 – UGA’s Early Action Admission application deadline
- Students who receive an offer of automatic acceptance from the Morehead Honors College will be notified of this along with their UGA Early Action decision. While UGA will continue to have the same Early Action and Regular Decision deadlines, UGA Admissions will be splitting the Early Action decision release date into two release dates: In-state applicants will receive an Early Action decision in mid-late November, while out-of-state applicants will receive an Early Action decision in mid-late December
- November 17 – Offers of automatic acceptance to Honors for in-state student Early Action applicants are being released on Friday, November 17
- December 1 – In-state Early Action applicants who are not auto-accepted to Honors will receive a next steps email on Friday, December 1
- January 15 – Honors application deadline
- By April 1 – Final Honors admissions decisions released
- May 1 – Commitment deadline