Honors Ambassadors represent the University of Georgia and the Morehead Honors College at both recruitment and development events to further the success of the college and to benefit students in the Honors community.
Honors Ambassadors interact with alumni, donors, and prospective families , positively impacting the lives of incoming Honors students, increasing their interpersonal and leadership skills, and becoming more engaged within Honors. This position allows students to speak about their experiences, share advice, and mentor new students. The role is vital to the success of the Morehead Honors College.
An applicant for Honors Ambassador must:
- Currently be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at the University of Georgia
- Be in good academic and judicial standing
- Have (at the time of application) and maintain your “active” status as an Honors student
- Have strong communications skills, genuine enthusiasm for the University of Georgia and the Morehead Honors College, and the ability to work well independently and on a team
An Honors Ambassador is expected to:
- Represent the Morehead Honors College with professionalism, poise, and respect
- Serve as a resource to students and families during Morehead Honors College events by answering questions, sharing information and personal anecdotes, and connecting them to campus resources
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings designed to enhance participation in the Ambassador program, prepare for upcoming events, and develop as a leader
- Assist in the development of activities or projects to promote the well-being of Morehead Honors College students and increase the visibility and understanding about Honors at UGA
- Serve on panels; give presentations; and mingle with prospective students, their families, campus administrators, and donors
Interested students must:
- Submit a completed application, including a current resume and reference
- Complete an in-person interview, if selected as a finalist