- This event has passed.
CURO Summer Research Fellowship deadline
Deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
The Center for Undergraduate Research Opportunities awards Summer Research Fellowships to support University of Georgia undergraduates interested in pursuing intensive, immersive, faculty-mentored research during the summer. In addition to financial support, Summer Fellows enjoy collaborative workshops, lectures, and other events with their cohort.
CURO Summer Fellows receive a total of $3,000. One-third of this ($1,000) comes as a scholarship. For the remaining two-thirds ($2,000), Summer Fellows are placed on university payroll from May 1 to June 30, and they receive two paychecks–on the last business day of May and June respectively. There are no restrictions on how the SRFs use the money they receive.
Any student that accepts a Summer Research Fellowship agrees to:
- Invest a total of approximately 320 hours in their research between May 1 and July 31.
- Vacate any other employment position they hold at the university between May 1 and June 30.
- Present their research at the Summer Research Fellowship Final Forum at the end of the summer.
- Present their research at the next spring’s CURO Symposium.
- Participate in-person in the CURO Summer Research Fellowship workshops.